Ins and Outs of Dietary Supplements
“The Ins and Outs of Dietary Supplements” provides insight into the dietary supplement (“nutraceutical”) industry from a toxicologist’s perspective, but with attorneys in mind.
This one-hour talk highlights dietary supplement-related topics that attorneys may encounter including:
- Drug-dietary supplement interactions (essential for medical malpractice cases).
- Drug testing (why is my client getting a positive drug test result if the only thing taken was a dietary supplement?).
- Medical conditions that dietary supplements can worsen, and impairment due to dietary supplements.
- An overview of labeling requirements and regulation of these products is also covered.
- Describe the role of the FDA in regulating dietary supplements
- Name 3 adulterants documented to be found in dietary supplements
- List 2 dietary supplement-drug interactions
- Identify 1 dietary supplement that can cause impairment
- Explain how dietary supplements can give a positive drug screen result
Available in States
- New Jersey
- New York
- Texas Self Study
- Complex Resolution Strategy
- Federal Courts
- Florida Eligible
- Health Care Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Negligence, Malpractice & Personal Injury
- Personal Injury
- Pharmaceutical Law