Helene J. Wasserman has spent her entire career practicing exclusively in the area of labor and employment law. She appears before state and federal courts and administrative agencies and handles litigation matters, including trial practice, arbitration and mediation.
She has specific experience with claims involving:
• Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
• The Americans with Disabilities Act
• The Fair Employment and Housing Act
• The Family and Medical Leave Act
• The Fair Labor Standards Act
• The California Family Rights Act
• California wage and hour laws
A seasoned trial attorney, Helene is the former Co-Chair of Littler’s Litigation and Trial Practice Group. She has tried single and multiplaintiff cases involving claims of discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination and wage and hour claims, amongst others.
Additionally, Helene provides day-to-day counseling and advice on and has conducted in-house training on a wide array of topics, including:
• Discipline and termination of employees
• Wage and hour matters
• Workplace violence
• Compliance with all state and federal employment laws
Helene is has actively engaged in, trained others on, and written and spoken on topics related to Virtual Litigation and Trials, and how to have litigation progress during the Pandemic and beyond.