Aleida Martinez-Molina represents clients in bankruptcy and insolvency matters in South Florida and New York. She prosecutes and defends adversary proceedings, provides expertise in the areas of bankruptcy discharge and preferences, and counsels other litigators on the intricacies of bankruptcy and insolvency practice.
Aleida’s experience has resulted in:
• Appropriate guidance for small business debtor clients;
• Swift dismissal of foreclosure-eve bankruptcies of hotel properties on behalf of lender clients;
• Successful opposition of turnover of properties to debtor/owners of commercial properties on behalf of creditor clients;
• Dismissal of abusive bankruptcy filings on behalf of condominium association and municipal clients;
• Maximum recovery and code compliance for municipal and government entity clients.
Aleida also serves as general and special counsel to entities in the hospitality and transportation industry. She represents associations and government entities concerning condominium and association law. Her clients include large condominium associations, major hotel franchisees, cruise lines, freight forwarders, and European and Latin American air carriers.
Aleida is bilingual in Spanish and English. She is conversant in Brazilian Portuguese and French, having represented foreign governments, government-owned entities and multinational corporations throughout her career. Her experience abroad includes working as a French to English translator in Belgium.